A place to learn and socialize, where everyone is welcome, differences are embraced and friendships are formed.
Our Mission Statement
Fawkner Community House exists to enhance the quality of life of all residents and community members of Fawkner.
- Supports personal growth and encourages well-being,
- Upholds the principles of equity and access,
- Reduces isolation and increases participation of individuals, families and groups;
- Addresses social inequalities and increases life opportunities;
- Provides opportunities for skill development and enhancement;
- Fosters a confident and responsible community.
Statement of Values
We recognize the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation as the traditional owners of the land now occupied by Fawkner and the Fawkner Community House.
We value people’s full participation in a community that promotes the individual’s right to make informed decisions about their own lives and their community.
We value people as equals without discrimination due to gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference, age, income or belief.
We are committed to improving the quality of life of people and working towards every person in the community having access to, and a fair share of, the economic, social and cultural resources of the community.
We are committed to creating enduring partnerships with individuals and families in the Fawkner community.